Stop-the-Pop-Up V2.54 by Sureshot – FAQ
If you can’t find the requested information, please consult the manual. It may have the required information.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is Stop-the-Pop-Up?
2. Are there any system requirements?
3. Are there any known bugs?
4. I get Runtime Errors when pop-ups are killed, what should I do?
5. When I try to open a new browser it is closed immediately, what should I do?
6. It kills all pop-ups, even the pop-ups I want, what should I do?
7. Is Stop-the-Pop-Up supporting my web browser?
8. What hostile activeX controls does Stop-the-Pop-Up protect me from?
9. I think I’ve found a bug, what should I do?
Briefly, Stop-the-Pop-Up is an aggressive pop up blocker preventing all annoying pop-up windows from appearing as you surf the web. It kills pop ups from file sharing programs such as Kazaa, Morpheus, Grokster, iMesh, Xolox and Direct Connect and hides the rotating banner ads in these peer-to-peer programs. Messenger Service pop ups and hostile activeX pop ups are also detected and killed.
Stop-the-Pop-Up is Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP compatible. The following browsers are supported: Microsoft Internet Explorer 3.0-6.0, Netscape 4.0-7.0, Mozilla 1.0-1.3, Opera 6.0-7.0, MSN Explorer 7.X, NetCaptor 7.X and SBC Yahoo!.
Please let us know if you would like support for your browser.
Stop-the-Pop-Up will kill the banner ads in ICQ pro 2003 and MSN Messenger 4.6-5.0.
Read how to disable script and runtime errors.
Stop-the-Pop-Up will protect you from all kinds of pop-up windows, but sometimes it is too restrictive and will prevent you from opening new browsers or pop-ups that you do want. To solve this, you can temporarily disable Stop-the-Pop-Up by holding Shift, Control or ‘a’ to allow pop-ups or new browser windows.
Stop-the-Pop-Up will protect you from all kinds of pop-up windows, but sometimes it is too restrictive and will prevent you from opening the pop-ups that you do want. To solve this, you can temporarily disable Stop-the-Pop-Up by holding Shift, Control or ‘a’ to allow pop-ups.
See the system requirements above.
Stop-the-Pop-Up will protect you from the following activeX controls companies: The Gator Corporation (GAIN), Mindset Interactive (NetPal), Cydoor, Great Net Inc. (DownloadWare), C2 Media Ltd (Free MP3 Finder), CPM Media Ltd (Free Scratch Cards), Marketscore Inc (NetSetter Adware), Fun-Lotto Inc (Search-Explorer), TrekEight LLC (MP3 Media Monster), Youbet.com Inc, eZula Inc (TopText iLookup), WhenU.com (SaveNow), GoInDirect Limited, Electronic group Inc (Stripplayer, dialpass), New.net Inc (New.dot net domains), My Search (My Search Bar, My Search Installer), Hotbar.com (Hotbar), Comet Systems Inc.
If you’ve found a bug, please get in touch with us. Please include this in your bug report:
1. The version of the software. (displayed in the manual).
2. Platform you are running on (e.g. Win 98 or Win XP Home Edition).
3. Your browser and its version. (e.g. Internet Explorer 5.5).
4. Any error message if one was generated.
5. A description of the problem.
6. The URL if available where the error occured.