Sometimes pages stick to your browser. Your browser behave as though addicted to those odd websites.
For inexperienced user Yoursites123 may look like a decent option for home-page and other standard browsing points. The page looks like a replica of Google or any other common search engine. In fact, it is but the same page registered with a number of addresses. The addresses change in order to reduce the risk of Yoursites123 removal.
The page overtakes browsers as it is supported by a browser hijacker. It is the hijacker that installs into computer for a purpose of moderating web-surfing thereof. In case of the page in question, the hijacker is programmed to set it as a home page, new tab and search engine default. That is how the page sticks to your browser.
Yoursites123 refers both to the same-name page and a computer program. The program is referred to as a browser hijacker, adware. It is not actually a virus or worm, but common opinion may address it that way.
The infection lands at your PC through drive-by download. However, the hackers behind it are not restricted in the infection vectors. It is just that the drive-by download prevails. The method features the adware installation and download alongside another (target) content.
As users pick up free items from the web they are served by relevant download manager. The manger discharges the target content and bundles it with the adware in question. The bundling is mentioned in the installation agreement. However, the reference is made in such a way that few, if any, users make notice of it.
That is how a drive-by or bundled download works.
From legal stand[point, the adware arrives at your PC as you have agreed and approved. Needless to say, the formalities do not really matter. The hackers behind it intentionally arrange the installation so that users would not prevent it.
If you have failed to apply prevention, do not get upset. There is a verified way to get rid of Yoursites123 redirect. Kindly apply the steps as outlined below to get rid of Yoursites123 for good!
Automatic removal of Yoursites123 infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Yoursites123 using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Yoursites123 or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Yoursites123 virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Yoursites123 homepage removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Yoursites123 homepage removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Yoursites123 homepage removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.