Search.mpc.am is available for visiting in many countries. The URL is super-suspicious and lets viewing its pages to local visitors with different languages requesting access. On the other hand, many users are actually forced to encounter its pages.
Search.mpc.am is a striking example of a forced traffic generation. The website typically allows landing on it pages only for the systems registered in its databases. If your system is not listed, you are most likely to stare at a blank space as you try to type in the above address at your browser address tab.
Frankly, few, if any, users would ever deliberately request access to the pages hosted on the website in question. The website swarms with commercials and does not facilitate safe web navigation whatsoever.
Hence, the situation is pretty odd. It seems like everyone goes bonkers. None is willing to have Search.mpc.am loaded into the browser, but the page itself sometimes blocks the access. Why then there are so many users requesting the removal of Search.mpc.am?
That’s OK, we are all quite sane. The missing link in the above workflow is not only a search engine but a redirect virus. It the virus that induces traffic to the pages sponsored by Search.mpc.am.
The virus circulates through a number of schemes arranged and maintained by the crooks leveraging the advantages of drive-by download, exploit kits, phishing etc. Once installed, the malware reports to the remote hackers. The system compromised get listed in the database and is thus allowed, or rather bound to access the URL.
The hackers exercise total control over the traffic running through Search.mpc.am. That enables them to demand a higher price for the ads imposed on the users concerned. The flow of visitors is free of impurities ensuring the client willing to promote certain contents enjoy the views from users of requested profile.
Needless to say, that is not a practice to tolerate. A victim suffers ongoing redirects that block or distort current pages. Impacts of the adware slow down overall computer speed and the browsing speed, in particular. It alters a number of browser presets. However, the removal of search.mpc.am shall not be limited to browser settings only. First of all, a victim needs to get rid of Search.mpc.am search hijacker. Further steps are to eliminate the malicious configuration shaped by the just-removed adware. A proper sequence of the disinfection follows.
Automatic removal of Search.mpc.am infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Search.mpc.am using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Search.mpc.am or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Search.mpc.am virus from web browsers
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Search.mpc.am removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Search.mpc.am removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Search.mpc.am removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.