Torrents Time is another instance of content sharing software that exposes users to a number of privacy and security risks.
As such, Torrent service is a great invention. It accelerates in times any data sharing workflow. The idea is to make use of total data exchange capacity available to all the loaders.
A traditional data sharing is limited by the capacity of the original content provider. The torrents enable increasing the speed by establishing a simultaneous connection of the seeders with the loaders. Each loader receives a unique part of the content and is instructed to exchange it with other loaders. As a result, the downloaders make better use of their bandwidth.
The above explanation may be sound too techie. In plain English, the technology helps users reaching and sharing the contents much faster.
The method inherent in the Torrents Time sharing algorithm features embedded video player. The player remains invisible in the background. The users can watch the video online without any extra plug-ins and applications installed.
IT security circles recommend removing Torrents Time. They point out the following issues. Leaping up ahead, all those risks are based on abusing the confidence. These are the Torrent sites that make the method potentially malicious.
First of all, Torrent Times may force users to share copyright contents. The users are becoming pirates, from the legal point of view. They may argue they have not agreed on steaming the pirated content, though.
The experts are also concerned with the option of extracting private data, including complete browsing history. It is expected to be used by aggressive advertising environment of the web.
Particular concern is expressed by Mac users. The application runs on a root layer. That makes the OSX extremely venerable to attacks.
Last but not least, the application slows down your PC dramatically. The above reasons clearly suggest the need to remove Torrents Time. However, again, there is no proof the application has been developed with malicious intent. It is just that the program offers too many luring options to the unfair actors.
Get rid of Torrents Time, if applicable. Otherwise, please abstain from installing the app. The risks inherent in the software overrun the value of any benefits.
Automatic removal of Torrents Time infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Torrents Time using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Torrents Time or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Torrents Time virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Torrents Time removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Torrents Time removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Torrents Time removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.