Startgo123 represents a perverted implementation of a concept that might otherwise enhance your browsing experiences. The name above refers both to the URL registered with .com domain and to the adware behind. The URL hosts a page that brings together a dozen of top destinations. At the upper part, it has a plain Google search tab. Many users start web-navigation with the most popular search engine. Hence they may observe they have nothing to blame Startgo123 for.
Below the search line the page features banner links to the top social networks, news and trading portals. Again, one may find it very convenient to have all those things at a single spot. The only critical observation would point to the extra ad in the middle of the website.
That is what one can see on the surface. In the shadows, something much less attractive is going on. First off, the website enjoys a support of a redirect virus. Call it a hijacker, adware or trojan; it is the power that forces the browser to open the URL in question. The hijacker installs into browser exploiting a number of infection vectors. That suggests multiple groups of hackers arrange the propagation.
Once the infection lands into a computer system, it launches its integration. The adware is basically running a hidden installation routine. A common misconception claims the adware is not a stand-alone computer program. It states the malicious impacts stem from an add-on specific to a particular browser.
As a conclusion, the victims expect to get rid of Startgo123 by fixing the browser in which they face the redirects. That does not work, for the adware is actually a full-featured individual infection. It modifies browser settings. Besides, it maintains the changes making sure they are going to last for good.
The redirects to Startgo123.com occur at a range of circumstances. The most annoying cases block your requests to other websites. These are dynamic traps that leverage DNS poisoning. Static redirects happen as the page loads in a new tab, as a start page and a default search engine.
The website collects information on your search queries. The data goes to a remote server controlled by the unknown party. Besides, the adware sends data on the affected computer system to the same recipient.
Get rid of Startgo123 to ensure unimpeded access to the websites you really need. The extermination is also a matter of terminating the suspicious intelligence gathering run by the website and its agent on your PC.
Automatic removal of Startgo123.com infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Startgo123.com using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Startgo123 or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Startgo123 virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Startgo123.com removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Startgo123.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Startgo123.com removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.