Play-bar.net is an extremely invasive adware. The victim’s reports and other inelegance gathered indicate the infection makes your browsing virtually useless. The invader simply blocks most of the requests issued to the web-client. Instead of the web-address specified by the user, the browser throws a bunch of silly, often offensive and compromising ads and redirects and changes your homepage.
The adware outbreak dates back to the second week of September 2016. It is still ongoing. People keep on reporting this malware. The bad news is that most of the anti-adware solutions around cannot effectively remove Play-bar.net. A common mistake is to look for the viral activities in the browser only. True, the trojan targets the tools that you harness for surfing the web. It is important to note the kernel of the malware resides in the computer memory. Leaping up ahead, the Play-bar.net removal guidance available below takes into account the above issues. It ensures safe and complete elimination of the annoying popups.
The adware, once installed, reports to a remote server. The communication is encrypted. However, examinations have revealed it includes at least basic system information, as well as your browsing data. Needless to say, the receiver is not going to disclose the receiver’s identity. There is no guarantee the data so collected will be handled properly. Quite in contrary, odds are the hackers behind the scam are about to abuse it in every possible way. If the infection has compromised your PC, it is good to update your sign-ins.
The communication of the adware with its remote server is not a one-way trip. Lately, the server has issued an update to the redirect target. The adware is now redirecting the browsers affected to jew.abrasioncollaborative.com without abandoning the old redirect destination.
To get rid of Play-bar.net adware, proceed with the steps below.
Automatic removal of Play-bar.net infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Play-bar.net using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Play-bar.net or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Play-bar.net virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Play-bar.net removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Play-bar.net removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Play-bar.net removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.