Mystarting123 forces your browser to initiate every new session with Mystarting123 sponsored pages. It is an invasive routine that propagates under so-called bundled installation. This scheme implies the user is to download and install some free content.
The installation does not openly declare Mystarting123. Quite in contrary, the users do not realize they get this nasty piece of adware. The target content is totally different, for instance, a free spell checker.
They call it a win-win situation. You get what you really want for free. The free app holder, however, enjoys some revenue. Adware holders pay the app holder. In return, the adware like Mystarting123 gets bundled with the target content. This action is covered by the relevant end user’s installation agreement, but in such a way that the users seldom, if ever, learn about it.
Apart from the content that you find useful, as long as Mystarting123 is installed on your PC the constant ads and redirects are guaranteed. That generates a number of complaints and finally resolves to a steady demand for the removal of Mystarting123 redirects.
The infection is not going to give up. Many removal tactics fail as they target symptoms only. For instance, the infection modifies browser shortcut to Mystarting123.com. You can easily remove Mystarting123.com shortcut manually, but the outcome is not going to last. The adware behind the scam is a hijacker. Not only it hacks your browser settings, it also ensures their persistence. The same is true to start page, search provider, new tab settings. Last but not least, the adware keeps track of your Internet navigation. The logs flow to the remote server and may be further abused.
To get rid of Mystarting123.com ads and redirects, apply the instructions below. This method ensures the extermination as it removes the hijacker prior to fixing the affected presets.
Automatic removal of Mystarting123 infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Mystarting123 using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Mystarting123 or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Mystarting123 virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Mystarting123 ads removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Mystarting123 ads removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Mystarting123 ads removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.