PcHandller may look like a good option for computer security. The best thing about this application is to keep your PC away from its installation. In the case the program is already onboard, get rid of PcHandller. This is a piece of malware.
The infection has been around for quite a while. However, being released does not necessarily entail being installed on a computer system. To this end, it is just recently that the malware has managed to get installed on a number of PCs. In a way, we are witnessing its outbreak.
Some users may deliberately install this trojan. In the case of a Trojan, deliberate action is nothing but conscious. The users concerned do not realize what they are getting on their PC’s. Instead of an application to enhance computer performance, they get a nasty and rather dangerous application.
PcHandller does not contribute to any kind of computer security, optimization or cleanup. Instead, the installed instance generates an endless flow of annoying pop-ups.
The good news is that any of the issues reported by the tricky program do not really take place. However, unless you remove PcHandller, there is at least one virus onboard. It is PcHandller itself.
Typically, the users do not install the adware deliberately or concisely. There are schemes and scams and tools that do the job silently. These exploit system vulnerabilities or mislead the users to download and authorize trojans. For instance, the adware often installs as a fake update for common software such Flash Player, Abode Reader.
The invader is a registered instance of malware. Its infiltration exposes vulnerabilities of your computer system. That is to say, the users concerned need to remove PcHandller adware. It is good to combine this action with overall anti-malware measures. Relevant guidance to follow is available below.
Automatic removal of PcHandller infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of PcHandller using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for PcHandller or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove PcHandller virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
PcHandller removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
PcHandller removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
PcHandller removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.