YeaDesktop is an unwanted application that shows ads on your PC. Once set up, YeaDesktop adware is going to continually interact with the www.xiaobingdou.com website to get commands about what ad content YeaDesktop must present on your PC screen. It can be popups, video commercials, web redirects to 3rd party websites that also demonstrate ads.
The worst thing about this adware is how hard it really is for an individual, in particular for someone who does not know Chinese, to get rid of this software. YeaDesktop would not offer a descriptive uninstall item in the Windows uninstall section. Rather than presenting an uninstall item called YeaDesktop, it looks like a puzzling version number: 1 .0 .0 .1. For this reason, people do not understand what items they need to click to get rid of and uninstall YeaDesktop.
The next problem is that even if you do try and click the correct uninstall button, YeaDesktop will give an additional prompt that asks you type a verification code first before you can uninstall the adware. This is a really unclear procedure that is not going to explain and give guidelines on where and how to get this code.
YeaDesktop infection methods are trivial and used by mostly all adware authors these days. Most often YeaDesktop browser extension goes bundled with freeware that does not properly explain that additional 3rd party programs will be installed together with it. Thus, it is essential to be very attentive reading all license agreements and installation windows after downloading any free software from the Internet. Whenever an installation wizard asks you about Advanced or Custom installation choices, it is recommended that you choose custom installation as those additional steps will usually reveal what additional 3rd party programs may also be set up.
Additionally, If the installation wizard or license agreement point out that another partner program will be installed – it is better to quickly stop the installation and scan your computer for malware with your antivirus solution.
Because of the nasty practices of YeaDesktop and all the troubles involved with uninstalling it, we think YeaDesktop needs to be evaded by all means. To get rid of YeaDesktop and perhaps other undesirable software on your PC, you can utilize our removal instructions below.
Automatic removal of YeaDesktop infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of YeaDesktop using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for YeaDesktop or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove YeaDesktop virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
YeaDesktop ads removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
YeaDesktop ads removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
YeaDesktop ads removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.