Cleanserp.net says it is going to respect your privacy. To look more trustworthy the infection offers direct access to Google account via the links at the top upper corner. Those promises and features should are not adequate for trust. The users concerned are willing to get rid of Cleanserp.net. Their reasoning is simple and obvious as they do not like the redirects that occur without their explicit consent.
Cleanserp.net is a redirect application and the same-name website. Their bundle ensures the users land on this page at certain browsing moments. Moreover, as the redirect design provides for adjusting some shortcuts, the users may find themselves staring at this page just because they have clicked a random shortcut on the Desktop.
To get installed on the host machine, the distributors set a number of traps. These do not go beyond what is called a legally compliant. Let us consider a typical infection vector.
The users often load free apps such as text editors, media players, registry cleaners etc. As they proceed with the download they accept relevant Terms and Conditions for acquiring the target content. Those conditions lay down that an applet called CleanSerp or QueryRouter is to be installed in one action. The consent of the users is the box, checked in advance. That corresponds to the statement signed by the users to allow the adware installation. The users thus approve both the target and side download.
Needless to say, most of the approvals do not include adequate awareness of the person who performs the download and installation, hence plenty of the requests for the removal of the hijacker. Such quires also indicate the adware does not provide a user-friendly uninstalling help.
Remove Cleanserp.net to surf the web without adware interference.
Automatic removal of Cleanserp.net infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Cleanserp.net using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Cleanserp.net or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Cleanserp.net adware from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Cleanserp.net adware removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Cleanserp.net removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Cleanserp.net removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.