In a way, Corner Sunshine is true to its name. It actually shines from every corner of your browser. That is to say; it displays seemingly random ads as you surf the worldwide web.
Disguised as a weather forecast tool that is always at your disposal, the application actually discharges a set of potentially malicious and actually annoying functions. These include, but not limited to, displaying annoying popups and tracking your browsing data. The former corresponds to the definition of actually annoying activities while the latter exposes your working station to a range of Internet hazards.
To say the least, there is no verified entity behind the server that receives the logs derived from your browser. The recipient is thus not restricted whatsoever in any abuse towards privacy and confidentiality. Experts suggest the uses of intelligence gathered by the adware on your PC is most likely limited to marketing surveys.
It may refer to the task number one as assigned to the tricky application, namely the annoying ads generation. True, your browsing habits may contribute to matching the ads spawned by the adware to your alleged interests. However, the hackers may readily try to derive sign-in and other sensitive and private info. It is good to update your password and other such like entries stored in the browser if you have suffered the adware attack on your PC.
A side-effect of the invasion is a poor browsing performance. The victims report slow Internet connection, as well as sudden interruption thereof.
Last but not least, Corner Sunshine removal shall, first and foremost, target relevant adware. Once you remove Corner Sunshine redirect virus, proceed with the cleanup of browser affected. A detailed guidance follows.
Automatic removal of Corner Sunshine infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of Corner Sunshine using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for Corner Sunshine or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove Corner Sunshine virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
Corner Sunshine ads removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
Corner Sunshine ads removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
Corner Sunshine ads removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.