9o0gle.com sets itself as a page that you would stumble upon at a number of circumstances. Its name resembles Google, so many users quite reasonably call it a Google redirect virus. It is not that the page targets the above search provider exclusively. On the other hand, it tweaks browser settings.
The maladjustments may actually remove Google entries from browser presets, as available. That leads to the loss of sign-ins and other important logs. Why? The same is true of any such like service. That is because the 9o0gle.com enjoys a support of a malicious program. It is the malware that installs its components on your PC. By the way, its installation reveals your computer security is not good enough.
Vendors of the malware would claim they do not push any evil things. Their reasoning refers to the way the redirect program enters target computers. A classic infiltration resorts to a bundled installation. From a legal standpoint, everything goes smoothly. You just fail to uncheck a box when loading something from the web. For instance, you need a free movie maker to merge and edit your video.
There are plenty of warez on the web. As you eventually pick up one of your choice the installation wizard triggers. It would generate a sequence of tabs which a sane user simply click through (it’s good to be insane sometimes). Allegedly, failure to remove a relevant checkmark means you fully authorize installation of the adware and any follow-up browser modification.
True, a good deal of hijacking cases actually go that way. Well, definitions do not really matter. What users would really care about is how they can get rid of 9o0gle.com hijacker. The adware is not the guest that retreats at first request. A proper workflow shall apply. Kindly consult the guidance below to remove 9o0gle.com for good.
Automatic removal of 9o0gle.com infection
The benefits of using the automatic security suite to get rid of this infection are obvious: it scans the entire system and detects all potential fragments of the virus, so you are a few mouse clicks away from a complete fix.
- Download and install recommended malware security suite
- Select Start Computer Scan feature and wait until the utility comes up with the scan report. Proceed by clicking on the Fix Threats button, which will trigger a thorough removal process to address all the malware issues compromising your computer and your privacy.
Get rid of 9o0gle.com using Windows native uninstall feature
- Select Control Panel entry in the Windows Start menu. Go to Programs and Features (Windows 8), Uninstall a program (Windows Vista / Windows 7) or Add or Remove Programs (Windows XP)
- On the Uninstall or change a program screen, find the entry for 9o0gle.com or any similar-looking new application. Select it and click Uninstall/Change
- Be advised this technique works well for the regular applications but might be inefficient for removing malicious programs.
Remove 9o0gle.com virus from web browser
The workflow below is intended to eliminate malicious objects, such as add-ons or plugins, from the browsers that got impacted. Given the persistence-related features of this particular infection, the optimal workaround is to restore the affected browser’s settings to their original state. This will prevent the virus from further interfering with your preferences.
9o0gle.com removal from Google Chrome
- Click the Chrome menu icon and select Settings
- When the Settings screen opens, find the link that says Show advanced settings and click on it
- Proceed by clicking on the Reset browser settings button
- For you to evade any unintended consequences of the reset, Chrome will display a note about the settings and fragments of browsing data that will be lost. Read the notification and click Reset in case you agree
- Restart Chrome.
9o0gle.com removal from Mozilla Firefox
- Open Firefox and select Troubleshooting Information on the Help drop-down list
- Locate the sub-section titled Give Firefox a tune up and click on the Refresh Firefox button to proceed. Then confirm the transaction on the respective popup
- Restart Firefox.
9o0gle.com removal from MS Internet Explorer
- Select Internet Options under Tools in IE
- Select the Advanced tab on Internet Options screen and click on the Reset button
- The browser will now display the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog. Review the points on what the resetting includes. Activate the option saying Delete personal settings and click on the Reset button as shown on the image
- Restart the computer
Verify thoroughness of the removal
Having carried out the instructions above, add a finishing touch to the security procedure by running an additional computer scan to check for residual malware activity.